This film follows the daily life of the training center of AS Saint-Étienne, one of the historical clubs of French soccer, over a year.
Surrounded by coaches, educators and other employees of the club, these teenagers from different sociological and geographical backgrounds, often far from their families, receive a sports and academic education as well as the rules of community life.
Through the daily observation of the work of the coaches, players and all the employees of this institution, the film attempts to show the human relations, to detect the paradoxes of this place whose concern of efficiency and profitability, enters in contradiction with its educational mission, as well as with the social and working-class identity of the city which it represents…
- Direction: Alexandre Donot & Raphaël Rivière
- Image & sound: Alexandre Donot & Raphaël Rivière
- Editing: Marie Molino
- Music: Cyrille Giordano
- Sound editing & mix: Daniel Cohen
- Color grading: Fanny Auclair
- Camille Genaud & Clarisse Tupin, Paraìso Production
- In coproduction with F3 Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
- 2nd broadcaster: Public Sénat